Hej,

2010/1/25 Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>:
>> Is it
>> time to buy an IDEA license where there seems to be a quite nice
>> toolset for Wicket?

> I downloaded the open source version of IntelliJ and the wicket plugin seems
> to work.

Yes, but the free version of IDEA is lacking too much in other fields:
http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
.

> There is also a wicket plugin for NetBeans, which is working.

Well, yes, but then it's Netbeans...

> But a pure maven project wihtout a plugin isn't that different.
> Or am I missing an important feature of the eclipse plugin?

Hm... Maven and the different Wicket IDE plugins don't intersect in
functionality. The plugins all try to give a little help when working
with Wicket components and pages, e.g. showing the wicket:ids when
working with the Java code to prevent hierarchy mismatch or offering
property model navigation as this is (still) string based.

Eclipse plugin features:
http://www.laughingpanda.org/~inhuman/wicket-bench/docs/features-0.5.html
Netbeans: https://nbwicketsupport.dev.java.net/ (well, that page needs
a little make over...)