Hi Martijn,

many thanks for the response. The linebreaks are not being applied on
whitespaces. I am using spans with wicket:id to write out some strings in my
markup. The strings are displayed alright but I notice that the linebreaks
are applied before and after the string. For instance, I have a label:

item.add(new Label("svcHits", count)); // count is some string

When I display this is in my markup:

/svcStats

it writes a linebreak before   and after   so that the svcHits string
appears on a line by itself. So I cannot use & nbsp to fix it.

nii amon