>> Forgot to mention: DataNucleus allows you to use a wide range of
>> datastores and switch between them without any code changes: eg., all
>> the usual RDBMSes (MySQL, Oracle etc.,), Object Databases (DB4O and
some
>> others), Google Application Engine (GAE), LDAP, Excel plus loads
more.
>> If you don't want to commit to an ORM/RDBMS then DN would provide
that
>> level of protection against datastore 'lock in'.
>
>Keep in mind though that adding a layer like this over DB4O will mostly
>remove the advantages that would make you want to choose DB4O in the
>first place.

Not really AFAIK: The ability to not have to manage fetch depths that
JDO/DB40 gives you over raw DB40 gives you is a massive productivity
boost (not sure if the latest DB40 supports lazy loading or not yet). In
any case coding to a standard persistence interface (JDO) over a
proprietary API is IMHO an insurance policy I am prepared to invest in
given the performance overheads are so miniscule.

... but this is probably a discussion best held elsewhere... I think we
all agree in terms of UI frameworks Wicket is definitely the best there
is!