On Oct 3, 2010, at 11:19 PM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org> wrote:
>
>> If you want to use Spring, read the first chapter of the reference, skip to
>> the database chapter, THEN skip back as necessary to fill in the gaps on how
>> to set up the database.  That's the fastest way to learn it.
>

> I've worked with Brian on other projects, and he is very good with
> architecture.  His advice here is sound. I would be curious just to be sure
> - which reference in particular do you mean?

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/spring-framework-reference/html/
 is what I use.  I'm not ashamed to say that I still use this page frequently,
as I'm less about memorizing everything and more about knowing where to look
something up fast.

As I started to think about documentation, "Wicket In Action" is a must have.
"Spring In Action" is probably just as good, the folks at Manning would rather
throw away a manuscript than release a bad one, but I haven't read it.  The
paper versions are great to take to a cafe, but definitely spend a few extra
bucks on the PDF too.  It's more than worth the price of a couple of lattes!