Hi!

> As time and time again research shows is that the real cost is not in
> the initial development, but in maintaining (which of course starts
> often while you're still doing the initial development, as it also
> includes refactoring on initial ideas etc).

I believe poorly developed software has high "maintenance costs" (bugfixing).

Maintenance of well designed software is 80% new feature development.

> I think it is a bad idea to enable something that makes developing a
> little bit quicker/ easier but that makes problems potentially much
> harder to debug.

I don't see any difference in getting "hierarchy not matched"
exception from either way. Ofcourse the main difference is that you
would get much less such exceptions in the proposed scheme.

**
Martin