On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Martin Makundi
<martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:
>> because the designer delivers only part of the solution - the markup.
>
> I meant software designer.

>>  <!-- a bunch of other components -->
>>
>> now the developer takes the "salary" div and moves it out of the
>> "for-admins-only" div. guess what, your *designer* has just opened a
>> huge security hole in your application. who would use wicket if such
>> things were so easily possible?
>
> I did not propose that. If hierarchy is parsed from markup the
> visibility rules will remain same at runtime.

the above should have read: now the *designer* (not developer) takes
the "salary" div and moves it out of the

the designer is free to change the hierarchy, oblivious to whatever
behavioral changes that can cause or why the hierarchy was there in
the first place. but i bet the developers will get the blame :)

>>> I believe most are just acustomed to using it as it is. Even more people
>>> are accustomed using JSF.
>>> That feels more like an excuse to refrain from making Wicket even better.
>>
>> that is why we have no improvement and new feature requests in jira?
>> because everyone is ok with the status quo? is it also the reason why
>> we have not added anything new from 1.0 to 1.5, these have all been
>> bug fix releases?
>
> I'm not standing in the way of this improvement ;)

no, you are just saying that we are against this because we dont want
to improve the framework. which is obviously a bogus statement.

>> anywho, i think the fact that no one has really jumped in and sided
>> with you is a good indication where this is going.
>
> Not so good indication ;) But pretty predictable ;) I think it's just
> fear of change.

i think if you look at the history of conversations we had on this
list you will find that to be the opposite.

-igor