Behalf Of Live Nono
>Sent: donderdag 7 april 2011 13:47
>To: users@wicket.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Wiquery experiences
>- does wiquery support being used from a wicket ajax request nicely?

Yes! This is the main aim of WiQuery, if an component is ajax refreshed
it is replaced (or added for the first time because it was previously
invisible) in the DOM tree there by removing any jQuery functionality.
WiQuery will add all jQuery functionality again.

> If so, is it part of its "intended aims" and thus made across all its
wrappers or just some of the wrapper being properly done? How does it
handle the case of WiQuery dependent component made visible through an
ajax request? => Hielke already provided some answers which I'm glad to
have read, but it doesn't cover it all.

What do you mean by wrappers? In order for WiQuery to do its job a
component needs to implement an interface in order to be detected by
WiQuery. This is done through Wickets component initialization
listeners. If a component is not visible, the resources and js code is
not used by WiQuery. Once the component is visible (again) on the page
the resources and js code will be used by WiQuery.

>- ease to use with other libraries, like JSLibraries (and its CDN
integration) ?

WiQuery does not provide any java script utils like jQuery does. It does
have js files, but these are files that are component specific. WiQuery
itself will not conflict with JavaScript libraries, unless jQuery does.

> reliability now and in the future: what about eventual bug I would
find, would they be easy to fix on my own? Does the code make enough
sense to me? In there a proper community around to help in case ?
What's the plan for currently supported jquery versions and the future?
=> Ernesto also provided some answers, which is good, thanks

Issues can be reported on our google project site[1]. We have a google
group[2] where any question about WiQuery can be asked and all are
answered (at least that is what we strive for). If you have questions
about an official wiquery plugin[3] questions can be asked in that
corresponding google group[4].

If you still have any questions, ask here or in the wiquery google
group[2].

Hielke

[1] http://code.google.com/p/wiquery/issues/list
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/wiquery
[3] http://code.google.com/p/wiquery-plugins/
[4] http://groups.google.com/group/wiquery-plugins

At the time I looked at wiquery, it was for some specific task. This
task didn't include explorating whether a full blown jquery/wicket
integration framework would fit our needs. This is quite a task on its
own imho, and there the lack of documentation is a real issue.

For example, questions I had which would involve quite some time to
figure out:
- does wiquery support being used from a wicket ajax request nicely?
If so, is it part of its "intended aims" and thus made across all its
wrappers or just some of the wrapper being properly done? How does it
handle the case of wiquery dependent component made visible through an
ajax request? => Hielke already provided some answers which I'm glad to
have read, but it doesn't cover it all
- ease to use with other librairies, like JSLibraries (and its CDN
integration) ?
- reliability now and in the future: what about eventual bug I would
find, would they be easy to fix on my own? Does the code make enough
sense to me? In there a proper community around to help in case ?
What's the plan for currently supported jquery versions and the future?
=> Ernesto also provided some answers, which is good, thanks
:)

I hope you understand better the questions which arise and why it would
take a while to figure them out just by looking at the code.
That's where more documentation/tutorial/feedbacks would help, to make
the discovery cost lower.

as a side note, I was already bitten by being early adopting some new
frameworks, so now I tend to be more carefull, esp. for stuff that are
directly seen by the users...

regards