I both agree and disagree with the aforementioned comments.

I don't think anyone would disagree that writing javascript from wicket or
using a decorator to write javascript is wrong. In fact quite often I may
not know the id of an object until run-time and I may want the javascript to
run on a specific textfield with no extra class names or additional tags
marking it. To say that you need an extra .js file for a one-line or even 20
line simple js command is arguable I think.

That being said, if you know javascript or jquery, probably WiQuery is not
the most necessary, it is really an object oriented interface to jquery, not
much more as I recall.

The best advantage to wiquery I find is that JQuery at page ready can run
numerous sets of commands.... All you need to do with WiQuery is add these
commands and they are all grouped together and run in a single document
ready function. Similarly WiQuery will take care of keeping track of what
object id to run the script against, javascript files to import etc.... It
does simplify things, but do you NEED another library, some people want to
keep as few dependencies as possible, some don't care.

Remember the real engine is JQuery, WiQuery is just an interface to
simplify. But look at writing javascript plainly in Wicket. If it is easy
for you, probably don't bother, but if your getting a headache you might
want to use WiQuery.

My main fear is how often it may be updated and how long will it be around.
I have WiQuery in a current project I may take it out, I notice I mostly
have been writing my own jquery anyway.