Gaetan;

I also like starting from a book. Then read the (scattered) docs and wiki
when am looking for a solution to specific issues. Some projects have an
official user guide that is downloadable as pdf or read online as html. I
know documentation is one of the the most boring tasks for developers but
its is necessary. May be we should hire someone to do the user guide. The
users can donate to pay him.

My 2c.

Josh.