The Google Code repo contains 1.5 but the deployed app is using pre-1.5 version.
I can bet on this.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Alex Shubert <alex.shub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
> http://wicket-tree.googlecode.com/svn/repo/wicket-tree/wicket-tree-parent/0.5.0/wicket-tree-parent-0.5.0.pom
> Again, no 1.4 at all. Not in one place. Moreover,
> '?wicket:interface=:0:1:::'  doesn't means 1.4 is in action. Just take

Is there a reason why you don't trust me ? :-)
wicket:interface is no more used in 1.5+, unless the application adds
it explicitly. Wicket (the framework) doesn't use it anymore.

> a look at event listener implementation.
>
> About the problem: the page I gave link for is really stateless but it
> is not meant to be, it just happened. If user choose any other tree
> renders version number eager to appear.
> The most Wicket problem right now is it's occult state. Wiki is
> hopelessly outdated, most of the examples refer to 1.2.-1.3 version...

Most of them are actually still valid.
There are new pages labeled with "wicket15" and "wicket6" which refer
to the new features in 1.5 and 6.0 respect.

> If someone wonder how to determine why his page is stateful here is
> the solution:

There is StatelessChecker in wicket-devutils for this task.

> if (!isPageStateless()) {
>             visitChildren(Component.class, new IVisitor<Component,
> Component>() {
>                 @Override
>                 public void component(Component component,
> IVisit<Component> iVisit) {
>                     if (!component.isStateless()) {
>                         LOGGER.info("Stateful component found [ "
>                                 + component.getClass().getName() + " : "
>                                 + component.getMarkupId() + " ]");
>
>                         // iVisit.stop(component);
>                     }
>                 }
>             });
>         }
>
> If in need of test detection, extract visitor to separate class and
> instantiate pages with WicketTester.
>

> On 21 August 2012 15:47, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Sorry for being stubborn but having '?wicket:interface=:0:1:::' in the
>> url means that this is Wicket pre-1.5 ;-)
>>
>> I guess Sven will join this conversation later today and explain in
>> more details.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Alex Shubert <alex.shub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Martin
>>> with all my respect but their build script uses
>>>
>>>                 <dependency>
>>>                         <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
>>>                         <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
>>>                         <version>${wicket.version}</version>
>>>                 </dependency>
>>>
>>> ${wicket.version} derived from parent pom where
>>> <wicket.version>1.5.0</wicket.version>
>>>
>>> So,
>>> 1. no stateless form
>>> 2. it is 1.5
>>> 3. it's pretty easy to ensure yourself just by looking into code