On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Martin Makundi
<martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:
> Hi!

>>> This would be a good opportunity to get widespread experience of this
>>> bugfix, it will benefit also later versions.
>>
>> There is a chance to break something else ... The risk is big.
>
> Well.. just run all the tests ;)

I'm looking at the tests in the patch and I see things like:

+
+               //assertEquals("InlineEnclosure has traversed page x times ",
new
Integer(1), new
Integer(InlineEnclosure.inlineEnclosureTraversalCounter));
+               //
InlineEnclosure.CALCULATE_INLINE_ENCLOSURE_PERFORMANCE = false;
+

Not happy!

>>> We didn't find a way to do this in the current wicket architecture,
>>> it's simply does not support autocomponents well enough.
>>
>> We know that. We will think how this can be improved for Wicket 7.
>> In Wicket 1.5 there is EnclosureContainer which can be used as a
>> replacement of (Inline)Enclosure. The difference is that it is not an
>> auto component.
>>
>> I suggest you to spend some time to upgrade to 1.5.8 or 6.0.0.
>> These are the versions we also use in production and it will be easy
>> to catch any problems when applying patches by users.
>
> The pace of upgrading from one incompatible wicket to another seem so
> fast that we will wait for 7 or 8 or 9 =) We are currently in pretty
> far a sweetspot in wicket development, it has almost all the features
> we need and we have hacked into it everything it does not have yet
> that we need, so upgrading would make no sense, upgrading would take
> us way backwards.

Right. Sometimes it doesn't worth it.
Then use Wicket 6+ in your next project (if you still like it ;-) ).