Hi,

I have done something like this before.
I used a <table> in my case but you can use another HTML element.
The initial layout is:
-table
--tbody
---tr
---tr
---tr
--tbody (id + style=display:none)
--tfoot
---tr
----a (Show more link)

i.e. the first tbody shows the items, the second tbody is a placeholder and
the tfoot has the 'show' link
When the link is clicked the server returns markup like:
--tbody
---tr
---tr
---tr
--tbody (id + style=display:none)

which replaces the placeholder tbody.
When there are no more entries the last Ajax response also hides the tfoot.