Hi, glad to read it is almost working :)

getQueryParameterValue("options") does return anything because it's not
transmitted server side (due to CallbackParameter.context("options"), which
does not pass the parameter to the ajax callback). But even you did
transmit it, you probably got an "[object]" string.

As per your example, I would think that you are probably interested to the
'key'... But if you want to check what's happening client side, best is to
debug the call to the function using Firefox with Firebug (or Chrome
equivalent for instance) and see what you have in 'key' and 'options'
object. Then you will know what to transmit server side via the ajax
callback. For instance (I did not check the doc):
CallbackParameter.resolved("menuId", "options.id")
Hope this helps,
Sebastien.