Did you modify your pom.xml to include the PDF?

In <build><resources> you should have something similar to:

            <resource>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
                <directory>src/main/java</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>**</include>
                </includes>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>

Is the PDF checked in to your version control system?