That is a good question that I have been mulling over these last few says.
I think that I need to suck it up and just re-familiarize with Java -- it
is less verbose, with annotations and closures now, right? -- for all of
the benefits that the JVM with Wicket will bring me. I got a bit spoiled by
years of Ruby, but man, do you pay for that lack of compile-time checking
and type safety over and over again -- especially with regard to
performance and endlessly climbing stack traces over typos.