The .properties file is packed inside wicket-extensions.jar, not in his
application.

I have no other ideas but to attach a remote debugger
org.apache.wicket.resource.loader.InitializerStringResourceLoader#loadStringResource(java.lang.Class<?>,
java.lang.String, java.util.Locale, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) and
set condition on the "key" parameter to be equal to the missing resource
key.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov