Hi Nikos,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Nikos Georgosopoulos <georg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Well, as I was waiting for your reply, I posted it to my blog, is it in
> good
> faith if I make a link from the page of the app to it?
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/TodoApplication?

That's a good start :-)

However, as Vincent stated it it's even better if you post it right on
XWiki.org

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Guillaume Lerouge <guilla...@xwiki.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Nikos,
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Nikos Georgosopoulos <
> georg...@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > I would be honored to do so, I just don't know if I have the right to
> > > post/edit other people work in there.
> >

> > It's a wiki, feel free to edit and add information to it as long as you
> do
> > so in good faith and bring relevant information :-)
> >

> Thanks for clarifying this, it is formed as a wiki but it could have access
> rights reserved (XWiki gives the option).
>

> > > I am sorry but I not familiar yet with
> > > the names of people in XWiki and I don't know if you are one of them.
> >

> > I'm definitely one of "them" - as every member of this community is. I
> > simply happen to be posting a bit more often than most other people
> around
> > here ;-)
> >
> > hmmm, where do you find the time? someone pays you to do that? can they
> pay
> others too?

I'm an employee of XWiki SAS, the company that finances continuing
development of the project (see http://www.xwiki.com/)

In the past we've hired committers on the project to work at the company.
XWiki SAS is currently looking for a system administrator, feel free to
apply: http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/About/SysadminOpenPosition ;-)

However please note that this doesn't give me special status in the
community per se - one can become a committer without being an XWiki SAS
employee and all employees are not committers either - it's a meritocracy.
That's one of the great parts of working on Open-Source software :-)

> > > I also
> > > have no idea where to place this, just as a comment in the page you
> give
> > me
> > > or there is a more specific space/page for TODO list?
> >

> > Well, if your code works for all databases the best thing to do would be
> > update the application's XAR on the website. To do so you would need to
> > export the application from your wiki and replace the current one with
> > yours.
> >
> I have not tested all databases, there is the possibility that the two
> changes I made have to be like this only for Oracle since not so many
> Databases use CLOBS for larg strings (other use text)
>

> > You can use
> >
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/ImportExportApplicationto
> > export the updated TODO application from your current wiki. You'll need
> > include all the pages from the original XAR file.
> >
> > You can then upload it here:
> >

> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/TodoApplicationDownloads#Attachmentsonce
> > you've made sure it works fine (by installing it on a local wiki for
> > instance).
> >

> Well, I am intrigued, I will try to find some time to test around and see
> but it will be a slow process. In the meantime, others could try it, isn't
> there anyone else using TODO list app?

Great, thanks.

Guillaume

> > Please let me know if you need additional help.
> >
> > Looking forward your first contribution,
> >
> > Guillaume
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Guillaume Lerouge <
> guilla...@xwiki.com

> > > georg...@gmail.com

> > and
> > > it