Hi all,

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 00:41, Ludovic Dubost <ludo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 for 4A
>>
>> and I'm at this point very -1 on 16 because of the W which has a missing
>> arm..
>> I can't read XWiki in it..
>>

> I'd like to react about this: at this stage I share Ludovic's feeling. I had
> people from outside the project look at the 16 logo and they weren't able to
> read "XWiki" in it. I'm afraid that while stylistically interesting, this
> logo is too unreadable for mainstream use - unless we don't expect anyone to
> understand the XWiki logo that is.
>
> I'm feeling pretty close to giving it a -1 too if its readability isn't
> improved. I know I might be going against the flow here but we're about to
> make a significant choice here and I don't want us to regret it.
>

> Any thoughts?

IMO it's a bit too late to give -1 for a logo that passed the first
round. Is it less readable now?

16 was voted by 11 community members (including myself) in the first
round. Do we count less than "people from outside the project"? If we
want a community-chosen logo then we should let the community choose. If
we want a logo that is good for marketing then we should find a branding
company to do it for us.

Thanks,
Marius