On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 13:46, Denis Gervalle <d...@softec.lu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:19, Ecaterina Valica <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 09:01, Denis Gervalle <d...@softec.lu> wrote:

> > set
> > been

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space
> > >

> > > Yes, "something" like that. I would have expected a "back to basic"
> > button
> > > in place of "advanced, and the removal of the basic interface to avoid
> > > duplicating basic rights. Maybe the menu should be horizontal in the
> > > advanced interface, I do not know. Also add some hyperlinks to upper
> > level
> > > in the column explaining inheritance. And put the highlight of changes
> > over
> > > the rest of the row (includes name and inheritance)
> > >

> > http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space
> >
> > About:
> >
> > > I would have expected a "back to basic" button
> > > in place of "advanced, and the removal of the basic interface to avoid
> > > duplicating basic rights
> > >

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/rights52Space.png
> >
> > This removal of the basic interface will be set from the user profile's
> > variables (if it has advanced type)?
>

> No, just removed when the advanced interface is shown using the advanced
> button, like you have done.
>

> > I mean if the user is advanced, all the
> > rows will be presented in advances?
> >

> No, the only thing I proposed is that user that are not set "Advanced user"
> in their profile, will not be presented the advanced interface link, and
> will never see extended rights.
>

> > I'm asking because I think the collapsed view is great to see changes up
> in
> > the table, where you don't care the advanced status of those rights.
> >

> I completely agree. Advanced interface is for understanding and fixing deep
> complex stuffs
>

> > > WDYT ? Is this interesting ?
> > >

> > it's nice :P I would love to see some other opinions.
> >

> Yes, could it be possible for you to fix the interactive version to hide
> the
> basics and also to have hover and click work as expected. I think it will
> helps in receiving more feed back with causing confusion.

Raluca offered to help me fix the interaction.

> I found the result really well suited now. There is just some improvement
> in
> color contrast, icons aspect, and so on that should be applied if we get
> approval for this proposal.
>
> Once you have fixed the sample, I think that a summary page (resume of our
> reflexion, and containing only the final proposal) and than a vote thread
> could be appropriate to receive feedback from other committers, since the
> size of this thread could be pushing back.

Yes, a summary+vote is needed.

I made a version with pagination and filters added.
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space

PNG for the filters:
collapsed:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filtersCollapsed.png
expanded:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filtersExpanded.png

What do you think?
Could this filters be helpful? Are too powerful/complex/useless?

>From an implementation point of view, can a livetable have more than one
filter per a column. Anyway this will be a custom livetable, because we also
need to integrate the "add user" part and the "save/reset" buttons.

Also, from an implementation point of view, should we enable multiselect
(ex. to select multiple rights)?

Obs. Right -> Sources -> Implicit refer to the rights that come from the
setting of another right (example: admin means implicit
view+edit+delete+comment; creator means implicit delete). Would this filter
option be useful or it is too much?

Thanks,
Caty