> > right
> has

> > > http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space

> > avoid
> the
> upper
> > changes
> > > > >

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space

> > avoid
> > > > >

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/rights52Space.png

> profile's
> > >

> > > No, just removed when the advanced interface is shown using the
> > > button, like you have done.

> > > No, the only thing I proposed is that user that are not set "Advanced
> > user"
> > > in their profile, will not be presented the advanced interface link,
> and
> > > will never see extended rights.

> > up
> > > in
> > > >

> > > I completely agree. Advanced interface is for understanding and fixing
> > deep
> > > complex stuffs

> > > Yes, could it be possible for you to fix the interactive version to
> hide
> > > the
> > > basics and also to have hover and click work as expected. I think it
> will
> > > helps in receiving more feed back with causing confusion.
> > >

> > Raluca offered to help me fix the interaction.
> >

> > > I found the result really well suited now. There is just some
> improvement
> > > in
> > > color contrast, icons aspect, and so on that should be applied if we
> get
> > > approval for this proposal.
> > >
> > > Once you have fixed the sample, I think that a summary page (resume of
> > our
> > > reflexion, and containing only the final proposal) and than a vote
> thread
> > > could be appropriate to receive feedback from other committers, since
> the
> > > size of this thread could be pushing back.
> > >

> > Yes, a summary+vote is needed.
> >
> > I made a version with pagination and filters added.
> > http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights51Space
> >
> > PNG for the filters:
> > collapsed:
> >

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filtersCollapsed.png
> > expanded:
> >

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filtersExpanded.png
> >
> > What do you think?
> > Could this filters be helpful? Are too powerful/complex/useless?
> >

> Not sure we really need all these. What is important for me is:
>  - local, global, all user type, with local by default
>  - local, inherited, implied right
>  - user/group name filtering

See:
Collapsed:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filters2collapsed.png
Expanded:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/Rights43Proposal/filters2expanded.png

> The rest could be convenient, but it also takes unnecessary horizontal
> space, which is annoying IMO.
>

> > From an implementation point of view, can a livetable have more than one
> > filter per a column.
>

> No problem if we use only the .js without de livetable macro.
>

> > Anyway this will be a custom livetable, because we also
> > need to integrate the "add user" part and the "save/reset" buttons.
> >

> Yes, it will probably be so.
>

> > Also, from an implementation point of view, should we enable multiselect
> > (ex. to select multiple rights)?
> >

> I have made recent fixes for that in the livetable.js, so this is not a
> problem.
>

> > Obs. Right -> Sources -> Implicit refer to the rights that come from the
> > setting of another right (example: admin means implicit
> > view+edit+delete+comment; creator means implicit delete). Would this
> filter
> > option be useful or it is too much?
> >

> Doesn't this also include implicit settings when no right has been set
> anywhere ?

IMO, when no right has been set is a special case, the Default values. We
could see it as implicit, but actually I think they are more like inherited
(from the code values :P ).

Another question: The local source of inheritance (if a right is allowed to
anyone else at the same level, it is implicitly disallowed for any others)
is gonna be seen as implicit or locally set?

For example allow for evalica on view right is going on the "locally set",
but implicit deny on view right for UnregisteredUsers and RegisteredUsers is
going where? (locally set or implicit)

Practical is only for this level, so it's local. But it is not set
explicitly by the user, so it must by implicit.

Thanks,
Caty