On 06/09/2010 12:24 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:
>> someone
>>>>

>>> I really do not know, and I am curious as well.
>>
>> It was done because the deny right is stronger than the allow right. How
>> can I say that for space X only group A has view right, and nobody else?
>>
>> Attempt 1. Deny to Guest and All, allow to A. Oups, doesn't work, since
>> everybody in A is also in All, and deny is stronger, so everyone is
>> denied...
>>

> IMO, RegisteredUsers is a special case. Imagine RegisteredUsers as a Wiki,
> and GroupA as a Space; and have the same level of appliance for groups
> (page-space-wiki, where space rights override wiki rights).

True, but that's not the way it was implemented initially. XWikiAllGroup
was just another group like all others. Now, it is a bit more special,
since it can be completely virtual, it can implicitly contain all
registered users, and it is referenced in the code as the default group
for new users.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/