Hi,

You can also modify 'view.vm' template and test if the current user is
guest or not before displaying 'docextra.vm'.

For the toucan skin, this is what you should do in 'view.vm' template:

#if($displayDocExtra && !$isGuest)
  #template("docextra.vm")
#end

For more information about how to modify a template see
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Skins#HD.OverridingtheSkincomponents
.

Raluca.