Caty,

Thanks very much for your speedy and detailed answer.  I'm glad to see that
the first few minutes' experience has a high priority for documentation.  I
will be looking closely at the links you gave and will be happy to provide
feedback where I can.

Regarding the documentation link for the Dashboard vs Activity Stream, I
would think either would work as long as the same ideas are covered.  For
example, there should be no need to detail the syntax of velocity or groovy,
but maybe links to more information for each idea is sufficient.  Like with
the dashboard code, perhaps an image of the code and a graphic pointer from
the $context.user token to a link that points to the context object (e.g.,
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Scripting, but that's not
quite right actually).  In other words, a visual map of the interesting
parts of the script with links to *details on that specific usage*, not just
to a generic API page.  Maybe an intermediate page that details all the
script's ideas, in order, with links to specific topics.  Anyway, just some
ideas that come to mind.  I'm sure you've already thought of these.

-Chris.