We chose XWiki back in 2009 as our wiki solution and we had successfully set up
a complete farm of 4 wikis.  I have been following the progress of XWiki since
then, but unfortunately it was never utilized by our team, mostly because the
users did not want to invest the time in learning a new WYSIWYG editor.  In the
end I was the only one who used it so the time has finally come to shut it down
and look at an alternative solution -- perhaps a simple document manager.  I
saw a lot of potential in XWiki for our purposes, but didn't quite have the
time to sell it to the others.

Before I remove myself from the mailing list, I just wanted to put forward one
comment as feedback: don't discount the learning curve that confronts users new
to the wiki.  Many of them are proficient in their ways of editing documents
(which usually means MS Word) and don't have the time to invest learning new
document formatting tools.  If you want to capture a larger share of the
market, look at ways of integrating with users' favourite editors; I think that
would go a long way.

You have a very impressive product, and I've been amazed at the level of
commitment and professionalism that has gone into this wiki.  Thanks for
everybody's efforts and best of luck going forward.

Trevor