After having moved to the tcp-nio protocol stack, and manually adjusting the
port numbers for each instance, I could finally get it to work.

I am still having announces that some ports are connection refused but these
are not the ports I configured but the port +1... is that classical?

Is there an advice for us to use UDP? I would have expected this to be worry
free on a simple desktop when looking at localhost... but well.

Paul