Well, in case you want path besed subwikis better try with the sections set to
the opposite values :)

Reading that your webapp is custom configured another thing I guess what could
have gone missing is:

a) the servlet mapping for <url-pattern>/wiki/*</url-pattern>  has been gone
missing in the web.xml causing you to get a 404 instead

b) as the path you get redirected is /wiki/secondwiki/view/Main instead of
/xwiki/wiki/secondwiki/view/Main
  I guess you are trying to get XWiki run as the ROOT webapp? maybe something
is missing there ...

On 07/29/2014 04:45 PM, eamas wrote:
> Thanks, Clemens. I’ll try your suggestion. From my understanding, we wanted
> to try and get this to work with path-based subwikis instead but I’ll see if
> this gets us closer to our goal.
>
> On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar [via XWiki]
> wrote:
>
>> I guess the problem is that if one want to use "hostname" based subwikis and
>> not path-basd subwikis,
>> unfortunately one need to change the config in two places:
>>
>> - set "url.standard.multiwiki.isPathBased=false" in xwiki.properies
>> - set "xwiki.virtual.usepath=0" in xwiki.cfg
>>
>> Can you check if you maybe forgot to set the latter? I can reproduce your
>> problem if I leave "xwiki.virtual.usepath" in the default setting.
>>
>> Clemens
>>

>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Upon trying to create a new wiki we don’t get a Distribution Wizard and
>>> instead get the DocumentDoesNotExist page.
>>> Setup Summary: Tomcat/MySQL & XWikiv6.0.1
>>>
>>> We deployed a custom configured version of the WAR file to our Servlet
>>> Container (Tomcat) and upgraded the UI on the main wiki using the Extension
>>> Manager (carefully, we made sure rights we wanted to keep didn’t get

>>> http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/. Use namespace
> [...]
>>> org.hibernate.id.UUIDGenerator instead
>>> NOTE: We actually have the hibernate namespace as they have suggested in
>>> the warning (in hibernate.cfg.xml). Still it gives us that warning.
>>>
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] INFO
>>> .HibernateDataMigrationManager - Storage schema updates and data migrations
>>> are enabled
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] INFO
>>> .HibernateDataMigrationManager - No data migration to apply for wiki
>>> [xwiki] currently in version [54300]
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] INFO
>>> .HibernateDataMigrationManager - Checking Hibernate mapping and updating
>>> schema if needed for wiki [xwiki]
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] WARN
>>> o.x.v.i.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
>>> [com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.searchDocuments] in /templates/admin.vm@75,17
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] WARN
>>> o.x.v.i.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
>>> [com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.searchDocuments] in /templates/admin.vm@75,17
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] WARN
>>> o.x.v.i.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
>>> [com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.searchDocuments] in /templates/admin.vm@75,17
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] WARN
>>> o.x.v.i.DefaultVelocityEngine  - Deprecated usage of method
>>> [com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki.searchDocuments] in /templates/admin.vm@75,17
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] INFO
>>> .HibernateDataMigrationManager - Checking Hibernate mapping and updating
>>> schema if needed for wiki [secondwiki]
>>> -----------/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences/] INFO
>>> .HibernateDataMigrationManager - Checking Hibernate mapping and updating
>>> schema if needed for wiki [testing]
>>>

>>> Checked MySQL: the database is being properly created and is filled with
>>> the expected tables (compared with database ‘xwiki' - the main wiki).
>>>
>>> If you read all of that - thank you for your time. Any help or ideas you
>>> can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> eamas

>> below:
>> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/New-Wiki-Creation-Issues-No-Distribution-Wizard-tp7591477p7591495.html
>>
>> To unsubscribe from New Wiki Creation Issues / No Distribution Wizard, click
>> here
>> (http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=7591477&code=ZWFtYXNAYmx1ZXN0b25lbG9naWMuY29tfDc1OTE0Nzd8LTU5MTYwMzI3).
>> NAML
>> (http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml)

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar

--
Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
Software Development

HRB 77554 B - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Maya Biersack, Peter Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Winfried Weber
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001:2008