On 07/30/2014 05:49 PM, eamas wrote:
> My final question regarding this topic: is the Distribution Wizard absolutely
> necessary for the creation of a new sub-wiki (multi-wiki scenario)? In other
> words, if the database for the new wiki is being created in MySQL and I get
> the DocumentDoesNotExist page but I can still go to import the default set
> of pages and can access this wiki through url.com/wiki/subwiki1/Main/ then
> is it safe to assume that it worked and I can proceed with this as my newly
> created sub-wiki?

After thinking a bit about it I guess something must have kept the distribution
wizard
from starting (while before I thought it was running, buit just not actibvated
for some reason).
I remember there were some checks in the code telling the DW not to run under
some circumstances,
especially if it cannot find a pom.xml in the
META-INF/maven/org.xwiki.enterprise/xwiki-enterprise-web/
directory of the webapp and it might be that this happens with your custom
XWiki installation.

 However as long as you can install the default pages and see the
new subwiki i.e. in the Extension manager of the main wiki (so you can upgrade
its pages from there), this is just an inconvenience and your subwikis should
work just fine.

Clemens