> With the CKEditor: > 1. In 95% of cases the tree view button in the
"add link" dialog is not > working. In the google developer console I see
the following messages when > opening the editor: > tree.js:1 Uncaught
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < > hierarchy.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: b is
not a function > You have a problem with the document tree which is not
related to the CKEditor editor. The document tree is used in various places,
like the breadcrumb, the navigation panel, etc. Don't you have the same errors
in the JavaScript console when in view mode? Something prevents the tree from
extensions? I've seen this problem once caused by an extension that was loading
jQuery from CDN instead of using the version bundled with XWiki. I have a clean
install of 8.3M1 and the tree view loads all the time on Chrome. If you want to
help debugging then you can replace your minified version of hierarchy.js (from
the XWiki WAR) with the unminified version
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/xwiki-platform-8.2.1/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-web/src/main/webapp/resources/uicomponents/hierarchy/hierarchy.js
 so that we get a better error message.   Initially I did the only modification
- deleted the colorbutton plugin from the 'removePlugins' list on the EditSheet
JSExtension. No other changes.   And right now I have set up a fresh
installation from the "graphical installer for all platfroms" of 8.2 and
replaced the hierarchy.js with the one from branch 8.2.x on github.   Here's
what I get in the console:   tree.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token
< hierarchy.js:104 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function(anonymous
function) @ hierarchy.js:104 execCb @ require.min.js?r=1:29 check @
require.min.js?r=1:18 (anonymous function) @ require.min.js?r=1:22 (anonymous
function) @ require.min.js?r=1:7 (anonymous function) @ require.min.js?r=1:23 y
@ require.min.js?r=1:6 emit @ require.min.js?r=1:23 check @
require.min.js?r=1:19 enable @ require.min.js?r=1:23 init @
require.min.js?r=1:16 I @ require.min.js?r=1:13 completeLoad @
require.min.js?r=1:28 onScriptLoad @ require.min.js?r=1:29   The only time I
receive these errors is when opening the CKEditor. I do not get it in any other
scenarios.   > > Seems like in Chrome that happens more often then in
Firefox. Tried both > production-like WAR installation and the versions from
the "graphical > installer for all platfroms" - both 8.2 and 8.3-M1. >
> 2. Sometimes the editor just does not show up at all - the editor load
> progress indicator inside the page is rotating and nothing happens. Could
> not find and error messages. Seems that this does not depend on any >
particular page contents - sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Tried >
cleaning the browser cache, but that did not help. > > 3. The similar
problem with the "source" button. Very often it just shows > the empty page.
If I click it about 5 times on/off then sometimes the > contents finally
appears, but sometimes I get the raw HTML contents of the > whole current
page inside the text box. > > After giving up with CKEditor I tried the
GWT editor (although I believe > that since the CKEditor became the default
one, the GWT might soon became > deprecated). > > But here I met
another problem: if I format any cell in a table with either > "forecolor"
or "backcolor" the removeformat command does not remove these > colors. It
only works if I switch to the source and put a space between '|' > and '(%'.