On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:41 PM, alx_0x41 <loki-...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Still haven't resolved this problem. Tried different versions of XWiki,
> different browsers, different linux editions, etc.
>
> And one more thing I've noticed in the browser developer tools:
> The error messages in the console include the link to the related .js file.
> like this one:
> tree.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
>
> And when I click the tree.js link it opens an xwiki HTML page source
> instead
> of the .js file!
>
> It starts with:
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>         data-xwiki-reference="xwiki:Sandbox.tree\.js"
>     data-xwiki-document="Sandbox.tree\.js"
>     data-xwiki-wiki="xwiki"
>     data-xwiki-space="Sandbox"
>     data-xwiki-page="tree.js"
>
> JavaScript is not among languages I'm familiar with, but I have a big
> suspicion that this is wrong.
>
> Maybe this would give someone a clue?

This is not the cause but the effect. You get HTML instead of JavaScript
because the URL used to load tree.js is wrong, and this is a consequence of
the fact that
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.2/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true
, which configures the URL for the tree.js module, is not loaded correctly
for some reason.