On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 2:46 PM, aleksey-s <a1e...@ya.ru> wrote:
> Thomas, I login under superadmin and see history in
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  - creater was superadmin. For most
> system pages owner is admin. In /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences
> owner admin. I did update xwiki to 8.4.1 under admin too. But admin and
> superadmin don't see administrator panel in
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences. But under admin I may edit
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences in object editor.
> And I don't know why my custom  users in admin group (not admin and
> superadmin) lost all rights after update...

Hard to tell without knowing what was your setup.

Usually it means you overwritten XWikiPreference or admin group
members during upgrade. You should make sure the proposed changes is
Ok when you have a conflict.

What you could try I guess is to check the history of
XWiki/XWikiPreference and XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup pages and revert to
the version before the upgrade.

> May be it is better to update xwiki from 7.1.2 to 7.4.5 first ?

I don't think it will change anything.