On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
<mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 1:04 AM, shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
>> <mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

>> shouldbeq...@gmail.com>

>> > This is how it should look like, since XWiki 8.2
>> > http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/ReleaseNotes/
>> ReleaseNotesXWiki82RC1/WebHome/defaultWysiwygEditorConfig.png
>> > . So your administration UI (i.e. wiki pages) has not been upgraded
>> > property. You're missing at least the "Default WYSIWYG Editor" drop down
>> > and the "Syntaxes" configuration section (on the left).
>>
>> it doesn't look like that :-(

>> > You cannot upgrade it in 8.4.1 ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1570 )
>> but
>> > 1.10 is the latest version ATM anyway. The problem you have, most
>> probably,
>> > is that it wasn't upgraded correctly to this 1.10 version, and since
>> you're
>> > also missing stuff from the administration it looks like the problem is
>> > more general: the upgrade to XWiki 8.4.1 was not done correctly (at least
>> > for the UI part). Did you use the Distribution Wizard to upgrade the wiki
>> > pages? You probably had merge conflicts which were not resolved correctly
>> > (either by Extension Manager or by the person that did the upgrade).
>> >

>> I'm fairly sure that there were no obvious issues when using the
>> distribution wizard last time (so much nicer then it used to be). When
>> I tried an update to 8.4.4, there were some merge conflicts, and on
>> each of them I chose to not merge and not keep the old.
>>
>> The screengrabs in the links were taken after I had upgraded to 8.4.4,
>> I have since reverted it to the (offline) snapshot of the database
>> server and xwiki server I took before the upgrade (the joy of
>> virtualisation :-)
>>

>> Should I try importing the 8.4.1 admin .war and see if that fixes it ?
>>

> You can try to import the 8.4.1 (or 8.4.4, depends which version you're on)
> administration XAR (not WAR)
> http://maven.xwiki.org/releases/org/xwiki/platform/xwiki-platform-administration-ui/8.4.1/
> . It will probably fix the administration but I'm afraid you may have other
> pages (outside the administration) that are in the same situation.

I realised the war/xar mistake just as I clicked send...

I imported the .xar, and now in edit mode it shows default wysiwyg
editor as well as default edit mode, the only options for default
wysiwyg edit are "---" and "GWT"

Attempting to use CKEditor to edit a page has had no change.

As at least the edit mode shows default wysiwyg editor, I will try
another update to 8.4.4 and see if it improves matters, but if you
have any other suggestions on what might be tried, I would be very
happy to try them.

Cheers

Arne