For Jim's sample, I would prefer "pixel density" of 20.84 E6 m^-2; keeping the
prefix "milli" out of the denominator, retaining only the four original
significant digits, and avoiding confusing of the "entity" (pixel) with the SI
unit (m^-2), even though base 10 exponential notation (E6) is not universally
established.