On 04/22/2019 11:37 AM, Rob Kossler wrote:
Marcus & Ettus folks,
I just experienced a similar issue using gnuradio with the example rfnoc_fosphor program (the issue being that the frequency I request is not what I get). This seems to me to be a pretty significant bug.

While playing with rfnoc_fosphor, I fiddled with the Cordic Freq param of the DDC a bit. Then, I set this parameter back to zero and ran multiple consecutive runs without changing any params. My setup had a center freq of 2450MHz, DDC rate of 100 MHz, and I had a 2450MHz antenna connected directly to the X310/UBX160 input (dboard B, Tx/Rx). I was simply monitoring all the energy in the ISM band 2400-2480 MHz (this band has lots of energy in my environment, but outside this span it is pretty quiet).

I ran 7 iterations (consecutive runs) without changing params and I expected to see energy from 2400-2480. In each run, I saw the energy, but the frequency shown often did not represent reality. Note: the "????" below denotes that the location was off-display (presumably 80 MHz from the other endpoint).
- run 1: energy located (2475-???? MHz)
- run 2: energy located (2400-2480 MHz) (as expected)
- run 3: energy located (2435-???? MHz)
- run 4: energy completely off-display (> 2500 MHz)
- run 5: energy located (2400-2480 MHz) (as expected)
- run 6: energy located (????-2467 MHz)
- run 7: energy located (2400-2480 MHz) (as expected)

I captured screenshots of each and would be glad to provide them to anyone interested. I also have the gnuradio rfnoc_foshphor python script if anyone is interested.

I recognize that it is not easy to duplicate the above results because it requires an FPGA image with specific blocks that support fosphor. However, I want to mention that all of the blocks in the experiment above are non-modified "stock" blocks. The C++ program I attached to the original post provides a way to duplicate this issue with the standard FPGA image.

Rob

So, to be clear, this happens *after* you've specified a non-zero DDC offset, and THEN revert to a zero DDC offset? Also, are you still using timed commands for tuning? Trying to tease-apart the possible areas to look at.