On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:28, Bill Shupp wrote:
> On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 06:16  AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > Howdy list,
> >
> > I'm just wondering a few things about the new domain wide quotas:
> >
> > Are these quotas implemented in vdelivermail?
> >
> > Or are they implemented with system quotas?
> >
> > Will I still be able to use maildrop to filter my mail?
>
> I addresses the above questions in README.quotas.  Please take the time
> to read it before posting to the list, that's why I took the time to
> write it.

Thanks, Bill, but Brian was kind enough to answer most of my questions
directly. Last time I checked, mailing lists were a good place for open
discussion.

> > When are the quotas recalculated? (If maildrop deletes a message,
> > will it throw the quotas off?)
>
> It calculates based on maildirsize files, which greatly increases
> performance.  (Brian's original implementation used a du like function
> that delayed delivery by as much as several seconds).  So it does
> follow the Maildir++ standard, it's just a cumulative approach.

Yes, and using maildrop will totally keep domain based quotas from working
properly. Looks like someone needs to patch the courier-imap and friends.

Any takers? I'm swamped.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.