I'm pretty sure the alias line is fine:

mysql> select * from valias where alias = 'alias1' and domain =
'test.rucc.net.au';
+--------+------------------+-----------------------+
| alias  | domain           | valias_line           |
+--------+------------------+-----------------------+
| alias1 | test.rucc.net.au | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

The aliases work fine without the maildrop filter. So i think it is something
to do with the way maildrop is interacting with vdelivermail.

Do you have valias enabled on your system? Maybe you could try it and see if
you see the same behaviour. At least one other person on this list has
indicated that they do.

cheers, iain.