-----Original Message-----
From: X-Istence [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 2:06 PM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Vpopmail + Apache

jmorse wrote:

>I have successfully installed qmail in the past using the checkpassword
>utility.  This time, I would like to use vchkpw (vpopmail) instead.  My
>question is, do you need to have Apache installed in order to use vpopmail
>or is that only if you want to use tools such as vqadmin and qmailadmin?
>
>If I need Apache, can I just do a standard install from the ports (I'm
>running FreeBSD 5.1), or do I need to install additional features?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help

Next time please start your own thread, instead of replying to someone
elses.

As for vpopmail + qmail, you do not need Apache, if you want to use
qmailadmin and vqadmin you will need Apache.

For a good guide for qMail + Vpopmail on FreeBSD 5.x:
http://bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/mailserver/qmail+vpopmail+qmailadmin.php

Thats an entire guide, and can easily be followed to set up a qmail
install with SMTP auth, vpopmail and qmailadmin, if you dont want
qmailadmin, just leave those steps out.

A standard install from the ports for Apache should be just fine :).

For a guide to install Apache + PHP + MySQL visit
http://bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/webserver/apache_php_mysql.php, if
you just want apache, read that, but dont compile PHP and MySQL :).

X-Istence

Sorry for not starting my own thread.  I'm new to mailing lists :)

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll give those links a try.  I was trying
www.qmailrocks.org and http://notes.twinworks.net.  Both of those left me
confused regarding the need for Apache/MySQL/PHP.

JAM