On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 14:35, X-Istence wrote:
> Ken Jones wrote:
> > On Friday 12 March 2004 6:35 am, Cristiano Deana wrote:
> >
> >>Il giorno Friday 12 March 2004 12:53, X-Istence mi scriveva:

> >>Yes, better.
> >>Very well.
> >

> > In the patch I have based on the BSD patch, it uses
> > the required_hits in the system global setting, normally in
> > /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and can be overriden by
> > a users .spamassassin/users_pref file. So there is no
> > need for an --enable-spam-threshold option. Spamassassin
> > adds a header X-Spam-Flag: YES if the email goes over
> > the required_hit count.
> >
> > I'm going to try and add the code to the cvs version over the
> > weekend.
> >
> > Ken Jones
> >

> The BSD code had a hard set limit, with the --enable-spam-threshold=15,
> which means that anything over 15 would get DELETED, and not just
> tagged, which is what SA does normally.

does normally?  SA is only used for tagging mail.  You can send me a
GTUBE email and it won't get deleted, even with a score of 1000.

> See, i like to have anything over 4 points tagged, then if for some
> reason, it is really spam, it will reach the 10 points i set with the
> enable flag, and vldelivermail will delete it instead of writing it to
> disk. Its one way i have kept my mail box clean of a lot of crud, as
> really, i dont want it to be saved if it is just spam.

yea, I like that sort of dual threshold setup as well.  Perhaps
spamassassin could be made to have dual thresholds and have like a
for 'flags' personally.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen