Charles Sprickman wrote:

Hi,

I've been looking through the release notes on all post 5.3.30 releases
and so far I don't see any big "gotchas" except for this:

Out of curiousity, what has changed?  My current super-patch-pack for
qmail was quite difficult to put together, so I'm a litle hesitant to try
and get the newer smtp-auth patches into that mess.  Is there any way to
continue with the old patch?  What exactly has changed on the vpopmail
side that breaks the old patch?

And is there anything else I should be aware of when upgrading?  Like I
said, I didn't see anything major in the changelogs, but I'd still like to
get some feedback from anyone who's made the jump to 5.4.x from 5.3.30.

Hi,

I have done three machines recently from 5.3.20 to 5.4.5 and I experienced no problems. Two machines used cdb and one used MySQL.

I did it all based on Bill Shupp's patches, so I had no worries about my own patches.

Regards,

Rick