Natter wrote:

| I'm following the qmailrocks guide and already have a good
| qmail/vpopmail system running. Now, I'm trying to add courier-imap
| using apt-get and it installs great, but it won't authenticate my
| user. (http://www.qmailrocks.org/imap_db.htm)
|
| It says that I need to change the imapd file: change
| AUTHMODULES="authdaemon to AUTHMODULES="authvchkpw"
|
| change AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authdaemon" to
| AUTHMODULES_ORIG="authvchkpw"
|
| I've done this but it still won't authenticate my test user:
|
| #>telnet localhost 143 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost.
| Escape character is '^]'. * OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright
| 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution
| information. login [EMAIL PROTECTED] passwd
|
| a NO Login failed.
|
| What do I have to do to get courier to read my vpopmail users?
|
| Thanks for the help.

Remember install this courier-imap WITH_VPOPMAIL (system operation is
FreeBSD)
Look:

inf# telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
a login marcio password
a OK LOGIN Ok.
b logout
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down