Since we changed to use mysql auth I have been getting complaints from users having to enter their password more than once. This is not consistant, it doesn't happen every time. It seems most prevelent for users of Eudora or old Outlook Express. Outlook, Netscape Mail, and Thunderbird do not seem to be having a problem.

My MySQL db is on another server dedicated to serving MySQL connections to vpopmail and spamc. Plenty of resources, queries per second is only 4.3, threads 11, I have a dual Sparc Enterprize 450 with 2gb of ram. 100mb duplex ether between the mailservers and the db that is used for nothing but the mysql connection and NFS to the maildirs. I have my key_buffer=128M and my table_cache=128. Top says I am at a whopping load of .8.

I just finished upgrading to to 5.4.6 and the problem remains. I've googled and searched the maillist, anyone have a clue?

DAve

--
Systems Administrator
http://www.tls.net