Friday 03 December 2004 18.10 skrev Jeremy Kitchen:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 09:39 am, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> > On Friday 03 December 2004 05:05 am, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find
> > > anything related using google searches.
> > >
> > > I use latest vpopmail+courier-imap and the pop-before-smtp method. This
> > > has worked great during the past four or so years. The problem I'm
> > > experiencing is that the relay file seems only to be updated at one
> > > time when starting up the imap client and checking mail for the first
> > > time, I'm using kmail. In order to successfully send mail after the
> > > --enable-relay-clear-minutes period has expired I have to restart
> > > kmail. This is annoying and has been the case for a very long time now.
> > > Now I'm sick of it and need a resolution. So please advise what to do.
> >
> > Use smtp auth.  This is not a problem with kmail, courier-imap, or
> > roaming users.
>
> oh and to add.
>
> even if you do restart kmail, that doesn't necessarily mean it restarts the
> kio_slave for your imap connection, therefore you may have to log
> completely out :)  Simple fix: use smtp auth.
>
> -Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, but smtp auth isn't the answer I was looking for. I know mr.
sam and some other profilic people in this sphere thinks pop-before-smtp is
dead, is silly and obsolete, but I can say it isn't.

The question still, is how to make this work, not to make me start using smtp
auth.

If was really smart I would stop using an utterly dead (not developed since
1998), and unsupported software like qmail is and use _any_ of the others
that is still alive, supported, developed and in much wider use.

I bet that's not something you wanted to hear...

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson