Robert Kropiewnicki wrote:

[..]

Tom,

You are correct that it reads directly from the maildirs, as opposed to webmail clients like Squirrelmail that require IMAP, however an authentication method is still required which is specified during ./configure. In the configuration I'm using, the specified authentication method was to use authvchkpw, which I would assume (I am not a programmer) means it is using vchkpw.

As Tom had said before, authvchkpw is *not* using vchkpw, instead it's a module of Courier which does the same as vchkpw. It uses the same library, but that's it. The logging feature is in vchkpw, so that's why it wouldn't appear if you used the module authvchkpw.

Is it possible that it is using the same information store of usernames and passwords as vchkpw but not actually calling vchkpw?

If you want to use vchkpw for IMAP authentication, I'd recommend BINCIMAP. That's what I'm using right now and does log as expected. :)

Regards,
Andryan