To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] REQUEST FOR NEW FEATURE: INTERNAL-ONLY ACCOUNTS

On Jun 13, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Bruno Negrão wrote:
Now, the director of one of the companies I give support asked me to set a bunch of e-mail accounts as internal-only, i.e., they can send e-mail internally but cannot send or receive external e-mails.

It would have to take place entirely in qmail-smtpd, I would think.

If it's a singled, dedicated server, it should be a simple patch to
qmail-smtpd to make sure that both the sender's domain and the
recipient's domain are in /var/qmail/control/locals.

You could probably accomplish this if you don't publish an MX record
for the domain -- only mail submitted directly to the server will be
delivered, and that would only be messages sent by these clients.
Disable qmail-remote on the server and it will be impossible for it to
send mail to remote servers.

Keep in mind that you will need to have the users' email clients use
your smtp server for outbound email.  If they point to their ISP's
server, you can't prevent them from sending to external addresses.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: