Brad,

If you need some help contact me off list.  I'd be more than happy to donate an hour or so to help you get going.

A little advice.  I hate stepping on the hard work of others but this isn't the first time I've heard of problems with the Qmail Rocks instructions.  Follow Bill Shupp's toaster instructions of Life With Qmail and you shouldn't have any problems.

Here's how I do my installations.  Usually takes me two to three hours total depending on how many brain-farts I have :) and how fast the Internet connection is.  I usually just download everything as I need it.  I use Mandrake so I urpmi stuff as needed as well.

You sound small enough that you probably don't need to use MySQL or PostgreSQL.  I use PostgreSQL personally.  If you are going to store your users in a database then you'll need to have that all installed prior to starting the process.

install qmail with no patches
install vpopmail
patch qmail with Bill Shupp's toaster patch and custom patch
reinstall qmail
install clamav
install razor-agents
install spamassassin
install ripmime
install simscan
install daemontools
install ucspi
install maildrop
install courier-auth
install courier-imap
install squirrelmail

I think that's about it.  I'm sure I had a lapse in memory somewhere.  I have BGP on the brain right now! :).  The order should be about right too.  I'm sure someone here will let me know if I missed anything.  :)

For your size of office, I'd say a concurrency of 20 should be sufficient.  Looking back to your process list, it appears you have some process that's hanging and causing you to have too many concurrent connections.  I run a small ISP with about 1500 addresses on my server.  I run my concurrency max at 100 but rarely see over 10 to 20 connections.  My max today was close to 40.  That's both inbound and outbound SMTP connections.  Using simscan, I scan every message using SpamAssassin and ClamAV and don't have concurrency issues.

Hope you find this information useful.

Charlie