On Wednesday 19 October 2005 10:25 am, Charles Collicutt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written a CGI program in C for web-based administration of a
> vpopmail setup. It duplicates some of the functionality of Qmailadmin
> but I have written it in order to test some ideas and learn more about
> Vpopmail before I write a more complicated program.
>
> When I run it from the command line it works perfectly - no problems at
> all. However, when it is called as a CGI program by Apache it seems to
> have a problem with vauth_getpw() - it returns NULL even for valid
> users. I am using the MySQL backend.
>
> I have no problems with vpopmail normally, and even this program works
> fine when called from the command line (with the appropriate input and
> environment variables as if it were a CGI program), but vauth_getpw()
> just doesn't seem to work when the program is invoked by Apache. There
> isn't anything in Apache's error.log either.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong?

when you're running it on the command line you're probably running it as root,
and when apache is running it, it's probably running it as the 'apache' or
'nobody' user (or whatever apache runs as on your system) and therefore
doesn't have permission to read the vpopmail data.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the beginning was The Word and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
  -- The Word of Bob.