On 2005-10-19, at 2029, Charles Collicutt wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:32:34PM -0700, Tom Collins wrote:
IIRC, it may need to read the files in /var/qmail/control and/or
/var/qmail/users as well.

Thank you - it makes sense now. It looks like it will be easiest to just leave the setuid bit on my program so it runs as root, which is slightly
annoying but not the end of the world.

rather than making it setuid root, i think i would have it setuid to the vpopmail user- just as qmailadmin does.

that will give it the permissions it needs to do its job, without the potential dangers of giving it full root access.

| John M. Simpson - KG4ZOW - Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| Mac OS X proves that it's easier to make UNIX  |
| pretty than it is to make Windows secure.      |