Easiest way to edit ldap object is through a GUI client, ie:
phpldapadmin, ldapadministrator, etc. search for ldap client, you should
get quite a lot of option. I use JExplorer myself.
or you could do it by command line with "ldapmodify" command.

And for editing schema file, it's quite complicated considering the tree
structure and whole standard thing. I wouldn't recommend messing the
schema unless you really know what you are doing.
as Matheau pointed out, vpopmail schema file could be outdated.

correct me if i'm wrong but i believed inter7 doesn't provide vpopmail
with ldap functionality. it's an add-on thing and plus ldap function was
made available only because a client of inter7 requested ldap function.
it would be a waste to left the code unused, so they made it available
but without any support whatsoever (unless you pay them to do it). So,
it's doesnot look pretty. you have to make it work on your own.
I did that before.
Look at other option, maybe qmail-ldap?
could work a lot better with enermous support/documentation.

Edy