From: Jeremy Kitchen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:05 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Unable to log into pop3 accounts

On Thursday 08 June 2006 16:32, Leonard Vpopmail wrote:
> Hello Rick,
>
> I raised soflimit and gave it a go; no dice telnetting ..

did you restart the service after increasing the softlimit?

> qmaill    2969  0.0  0.0   1244   288 ?        S    13:26   0:00
> /usr/bin/multilog t s2500000 n10 /var/log/qmail/qmail-pop3d
> root      8547  0.0  0.0   1440   484 ?        S    19:08   0:00
> /usr/bin/tcpserver -p -v -H -R -l 0 -x /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.qmail-pop3.cdb

whoa.... that's looking suspiciously like gentoo's qmail ebuilds.

If this is the case, stop now before you get yourself too confused.

remove gentoo's qmail ebuilds and go to www.lifewithqmail.org

gentoo's qmail ebuilds are absolutely horrid, and should not be used, by
anyone.  I am a gentoo user, so don't think I'm just spouting some
anti-gentoo propoganda.

> -c 20 0.0.0.0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup mydomain.com
> /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw pcns.mydomain.com /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
> /bin/true /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d

that's not right... take that /bin/true out of there.

*sigh* this is why I hate those ebuilds.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.pirate-party.us/ -- defend your rights