Michael Bellears schrieb:
>>> Just how busy is MySQL?
>>>

>> Not very. The server is kinda big and the "lost connection"
>> is almost instant.
>> The reconnect, though, takes a couple seconds.
>
> Does restarting MySQL "resolve" the problem for a period?

Not at all. I see the connections coming in, and when they're killed off by
mysql after 5 minutes (our wait_timeout), the issues start again.

Upping wait_timeout is not an option, since the server *can* get very busy with
lots of other persistent connections.

Regards,

--ck

--
php development | hosting |  housing | professional game server hosting
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]    http://www.stormix.de