Three days and no problems, I have to assume that the max_connections fix
our problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Angus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:50 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] vmysql: sql error[3]: Lost connection to MySQL server
during query - once again

I did up the wait_timeout and that is not the issue, in my.cnf we had
max_user_connections=300 but no gobal max_connections setting.

In my.cnf:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
old_passwords=1
set-variable=max_connections=300

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib
set-variable = max_user_connections = 300
set-variable = table_cache=1200
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = max_connect_errors=999999
set-variable = log-warnings=2

Were waiting for a failure now.